To set security permissions and delegate control of certificate templates
- Log on to the system as an Administrator.
- Open Active Directory Sites and Services.
- In the console tree, click Active Directory Sites and Services.
- On the View menu, click Show Services Node.
- In the console tree, click Certificate Templates.
- Active Directory Sites and Services
- Public Key Services
- Certificate Templates
- For each certificate template for which you want to set security permissions:
- Click the certificate template in the details pane and on the Action menu, click Properties.
- Click Security and set the security permissions accordingly.
- To open Active Directory Site and Services, click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Sites and Services.
- These changes will apply only to certificate templates in the current domain.
- Although there are nodes entitled Certification Authorities and Enrollment Services also under Public Key Services, you should not change the default security permissions for the objects in these containers. Instead, all security permissions for each certification authority (CA) should be set from Certification Authority. See Related Topics.
- For general information about setting access control security permissions, see Related Topics.