To set display filters for the Certification Authority snap-in
- Log on to the system as an Administrator.
- Open Certification Authority.
- In the console tree, double-click the name of the certification authority (CA).
- Certification Authority (computer)
- CA name
- Click any of the displayed folders, such as Revoked Certificates or Issued Certificates.
- On the View menu, click Filter.
- For each of the selection criteria:
- Click Add.
- In Field, click the field on which to filter.
- In Operation, click the operation to qualify the filter value for this field.
- In Value, type the qualification value.
- To open Certification Authority, click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Certification Authority.
- Display filters are essentially a way to make simple queries against a CA's database. By using filters, you can restrict the items displayed in the details pane of the Certification Authority snap-in to items that meet a set of criteria you establish. For example, you can create a filter that will display in the Issued Certificates folder only those certificates that were effective after a specific date.
- To remove a filter, click it in the Filter dialog box, and then click Remove.
- To remove all existing filters, in the Filter dialog box, click Reset.