To publish certificates to Active Directory
- Log on to the system as an Administrator.
- Open Certification Authority.
- In the console tree, click the name of the certification authority (CA).
- Certification Authority (computer)
- CA name
- On the Action menu, click Properties.
- On the Exit Module tab, click Configure.
- On the Certificate Publication tab, select the Allow certificates to be published in the Active Directory check box, and then click OK.
- Stop and restart the Certificate Services service.
- To open Certification Authority, click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Certification Authority.
- The server on which the CA is installed must be a member of the Certificate Publishers group in Active Directory to publish certificates in a domain. The server is automatically a member of the Certificate Publishers group for the domain of which it is a member.
- Publishing certificates to Active Directory is the default setting for the CA if you have Active Directory available.
- To stop and restart the Certificate Services service, see Related Topics.