To schedule the publication of the certificate revocation list
- Log on to the system as an Administrator.
- Open Certification Authority.
- In the console tree, click Revoked Certificates.
- Certification Authority (computer)
- CA name
- Revoked Certificates
- On the Action menu, click Properties.
- In Publish Interval, type the increment and click the unit of time to use for the automatic publishing of the certificate revocation list (CRL).
- To open Certification Authority, click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Certification Authority.
- The CRL is published in:
If the computer is a domain member and has permission to write to Active Directory, then the CRL is also published to Active Directory.
- The publishing period for a CRL is not the same as the validity period for a CRL. By default, the validity period of a CRL exceeds the publishing period of a CRL by 10% (up to a 12-hour maximum) to allow for directory replication. For more information about revoking certificates and publishing CRLs, see Related Topics.